Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Belle Époque Paris in Color

Paris 1914 has a collection of color photos of Paris taken between 1907 and 1930.  The Lumière brothers patented Autochrome in 1903, and this process was used to take color photos until the 1930s.  Banker Albert Kahn, commissioned photographers to record the era across five continents.  The Albert Kahn Museum has about 72,000 of these color photos.  Some of the photos go a few years beyond the Belle Époque, but I thought they were fascinating.

 Grand Palais exhibition in 1909, by Leon Gimpel


 1918

Notre Dame in 1909, by Leon Gimpel

 The airship Zodiac III, 1909

 Quai de la Corse, 1910

 Place de la Concorde on November 14, 1918

Mess Nessy Chic compares turn of the century color photos of Paris with contemporary ones.  You can also find more photos at Paris Unplugged.

2 comments:

  1. Do you need a loan to pay off your bill or in need of financial help with a loan you can contact us now for a loan if you are serious in getting it surely we will help you out via Email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so happy and thankful to God for what he has done in my life,i am Mrs.Juliet Daniel from U.S.A after four years of seeking for loan online the internet Scammers has succeeded in taking from me the sum of $13,000.00 without given me my loan, I lost every thing i have because of scam and ever since i was scared to make contact online concerning loan. One day, as i was browsing , i saw a comment by a woman Name Mrs Anna from Ukraine thanking the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company for lending a loan saying that if there is any one who also need loan are to contact the company and they will surly lend anybody loan so i took there email and i contacted them we had every agreement to pay back the loan and i submitted my bank account to them and they told i will receive my loan in 24 hours and to my greatest shock, exactly 24 hours, my bank send me an alert of confirmation that the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company has transfer my loan amount of $87,000.00 dollars to my account am so happy and i want to use this medium to advice every one who is in need of loan or You have been scam in the past worry no more contact the very right company who can lend out loan on(urgentloan22@gmail.com). and please beware of internet scams most of this Email of lenders you see online are all scams so contact the Dr Purva Pius Loan Company because they are capable of given you your loan thanks.

    ReplyDelete